Sunday, April 6, 2014

Styling Randy and Ashley

It's been an exciting weekend! Wilmington Fashion Weekend kicked off on Thursday, and I had the pleasure of styling WWAY Good Morning Carolina anchors Ashley Jacobs and Randy Aldridge. Both were serving as guest celebrity judges for the Emerging Designers competition on Friday.

Let me apologize in advance for the grittiness of these images. There haven't been any postings of the professional photos from the event yet, so I'm relying on iPhone pics for now. 





ASHLEY'S LOOK

Ashley usually wears conservative shift dresses with a bold statement necklace while on air. I wanted to switch it up a bit and showcase her playful personality with a flirty dress. I pulled a lot of great dresses for her, but I ended up choosing this sexy lace top dress with a flouncy skirt from Camille's of Wilmington




I paired Ashley's dress with some bebe kicks (also from Camille's), and a pair of bauble earrings, a stylish bracelet and a freakishly cute clutch, all from from Lula Balou.



And her makeup was done, courtesy of makeup artist Danielle Forte. The image doesn't do the makeup justice, that's for sure!

Ashley snapped this pic, shortly after Danielle completed her look.

RANDY'S LOOK

Randy is usually spotted wearing suits on-air and untucked, casual button downs with slacks when working as an interior designer (yea, he's a busy guy!) I liked Randy's style, but I wanted to put him in a slimmer suit. At 6'3, Randy has the lean figure to pull this off.


Randy is sporting a navy, modern-fit suit from Express. I chose the "Producer" fit, because the look is tailored and refined. I also chose the same style for his trousers, because the Producer slacks hit right at the waist, which is perfect for any gentleman who has a longer torso. 

I wanted him to have a suit he'd wear again and again and not just for this event. The sateen fabric was dressy enough for the Wilmington Fashion Weekend, yet perfect for on-air wear, too. I loved this plaid shirt, too (also from Express). The bold blocks of color included touches of candy apple, faded browns and blues, perfect for Randy's olive complexion. 




I finished off Randy's look with a pair of stylish Oxfords from Dillards. He nixed the socks for this look.


 I had a ball styling both Randy and Ashley. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to do it again!

Did you attend Wilmington Fashion Weekend? What did you wear?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...